Thursday, October 30, 2014

Betty MacDonald's experiences on October 30, 1938

Betty MacDonald fans,

do you know what kind of experiences our beloved Betty MacDonald had on October 30th, 1938?

Betty MacDonald wrote in her book The plague and I:

On October 30th, a month and two days after I had entered The Pines (Firland Sanatorium), a nurse appeared in our doorway at the beginning of rest hours and ordered me to get ready for a ride in a wheelchair.

Rereading The plague and I today I feel very sorry for Betty MacDonald but as we know she got a wonderful friend there.

Betty MacDonald fan club honor member Monica Sone, Kimi in Betty MacDonald's The plague and I was a very good friend of Betty MacDonald and Betty MacDonald fan club founder Wolfgang Hampel.

We have the most wonderful Betty MacDonald fan club honor members.

Thanks a million for your outstanding support.

I have to go to the dentist today and I'm very much afraid.

Don't laugh please I'm such a fraidy cat.

But comparing to Betty MacDonald's experiences 76 years ago I won't have any problems.

Therefore I say to myself: Dentist I'll come!!!

Betty MacDonald fan club honor member Mr. Tigerli will save British Parliament in London.

Comparing to David Cameron's very tired Larry Mr. Tigerli is a Superstar.

Yours,

Mara

Betty MacDonald fan club