Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Betty MacDonald first british edition

Beat:

Brit, congratulations for finding this very special  first british edition of Betty MacDonald's book.

We are very curious to see the report and pictures.

I bet there are photos we've never seen before.

Regarding Eurovision Song Contest very strange and unfair votings it's true what has been already mentioned.
The swiss jury and this is very shameful indeed especially for me because I'm from Switzerland, ignored  magical Lena Valaitis with her very beautiful song Johnny Blue.
I know many Eurovision Song Contest fans in my country wrote to Swiss TV and told them how unfair it was.

The swiss jury acted this way because they thought Switzerland might win with Peter, Sue and Marc because Switzerland and Germany belonged to the favourites.

It didn't happen but Lena Valaitis missed deserved victory because of this unfair voting.

It's really kind of sad ( see also Italy in 1958, 1959, United Kingdom in 1968 and several more entries ).
Cliff Richard's Congratulations is the real winner of 1968 and norwegian singer Wencke Myhre who sang german entry 'Ein Hoch der Liebe' ( A Toast to Love )  should be second.
Wencke Myhre was wonderful and she got many points from UK jury but nothing from her homeland Norway. Isn't that sad?  What can you say? That's Eurovision.

My top 5 this year are: Serbia, Spain ( one of the best spanish entries ever), Germany, UK and Russia. I enjoy the russian grandmothers very much.
They are really cute but Engelbert is the much better singer ( but who cares at Eurovision?)  and he doesn't deserve this very bad result. Even my 13 year old daughter said she likes Engelbert's song.

Who is the Betty MacDonald Fan Club honor member who does a special Betty MacDonald journey at the moment?

We  hope to read more about this in next Betty MacDonald Fan Club Newsletter.

My wife is a bit angry with me because I watch the Olympic Games in London  for hours and hours every day. I can't help but the Olympics are so exciting.

We loved the opening ceremony very much.

Congratulations, Untited Kingdom!

Many greetings to the international Betty MacDonald Fan Club fans in London.

Enjoy yourself and the Olympic Games.  I know you will.

Beat